Sunday, December 05, 2004

My Favorite Things

I am the new proud owner of:
  1. some cardstock, some stickers, some new holiday cards and gift tags, from Archivers
  2. Tutti Dolci cinnamon frosting lip gloss, Burt's Bees raisin lip gloss, the Bath and Body Works Christmas CD, a Henri Bendel candle, wheat germ almond hair reconstructor from Bath and Body Works.
  3. A tank top for $2 (!!) and a professional skirt from Banana Republic
  4. Two sleeveless sweater tops and a flirty skirt from Gap
  5. Two cardigans from Old Navy
  6. Two scoopneck long-sleeved ribbon bow on neckline sweaters in cream and brown from Limited...it is a weekend sale and they are $10 each down from the $39.50 retail price. Also a pair of pants from the $29.50 sale thing they are having that I will probably return because I have enough pairs courtesy of last January. (that was a take of 22 pants for $10 each from Express and Limited and was so bemusing that even the doctors knew about it and asked me about it).

**From Bath and Body Works: Trying the testers at the store, there are 6 flavors in the Tutti Dolci line, all promoting some "airy" substance such as creme brulee, angel food cake, and lemon meringue. Go figure. Some of them smell good...actually all of them really do, except the chocolate one, but when you put it on, it is tacky and sticky, and doesn't taste like anything at all. Actually, it's kinda gross. I got my free lip gloss so we'll see how much I like it. I also am going to try this wheat germ thing because I am growing out my hair for Locks of Love and apparently I don't eat right or something because my hair kinda looks limp nowadays so we'll see if this wheat germ revitalizes it.

In case anyone is wondering, I guess what is so amusing is that I don't wear half the stuff I buy. Yet I covet clothes endlessly. You can bet I will only wear half of what I bought today. There are clothes in my closet that still have tags on them. I took up two closets in Rockford and I still had my closet full at home, plus clothes scattered in the most random places. But you know, I have to say in my defense, I'll get around to wearing everything someday. Like that ugly sequined purple top from Forever 21 that I bought because I was upset that day and it seemed like a good deal: a good five years later...I wore it for the first time to the Halloween party! And Chris spilled beer on it! It's clean now tho. Some people collect videos, some people collect mp3s, I collect a wardrobe.

High point of the day: At Limited, I was trying to branch out of my usual color scheme especially since my color tone isn't all that nowadays. So I called Victor to ask for his opinion of the color pumpkin. He actually was more helpful than the salespeople at Limited. So go figure. It actually looked good on me (weird, I know!), but I stuck with the neutral colors because pumpkin might not look good on me one day depending on my color tone.

I didn't get to Express because it was closing time, so I will probably go back tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! I was the high point of your shopping experience. You made a good choice although I could better advise you if I was w/ you but we know what happened last time we went shopping together. Post some pictures!

~Rockford's Favorite Fashionista

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY PSYCHO!!
I LOVE YOU! I'LL SEE YOU SOON!
THE OTHER PSYCHO.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder I liked your blog right away - I LOVE SHOPPING! Thank goodness for your blog, I hope you add more :)

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home