Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bruegger's is Alive and Well!


YumYum Posted by Picasa

In high school, I was obsessed with Bruegger's. The coffee. The bagels. The bagel sandwiches. Lunch hour was spent at Bruegger's. I even toted a coffee mug bearing its logo. It was that delicious.

Pretty soon after graduation or even slightly before, they closed Bruegger's. I was devastated. Open lunch didn't mean anything anymore; it was better to take a nap. Runs between the high schools lost their allure. If I had to go to South, the reward for freezing my butt off for three hours was a stop at Bruegger's afterwards, now gone forever. There were wannabe substitutions, of course: Panera, Great Harvest, Big Apple, Einstein. None of them came close. I've gone all over to try to find a replacement; so far it hasn't happened. I settled for a different kind of dish entirely...Chipotle.

But I've just recently discovered that Bruegger's isn't dead after all...it's just not in Illinois anymore. I can get Bruegger's in Wisconsin! And in Iowa! Yum. Smoked salmon on a cinnamon sugar bagel, here I come.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home