Thursday, February 17, 2005

Addicted to the enterprise known as Starbucks

I love Starbucks. I admit it. Yes, I think it's ridiculous to pay upwards to around $4.00 for a latte that you can brew at home for like 1/8 of the price. But it's Starbucks...somehow you can never get it that perfectly brewed, that perfect taste with nutmeg and cinnamon on whipped cream at home. Honey vanilla latte. Caramel macchiatos. Yum.

So in my quest to perfectly describe our nation's obsession with Starbucks, and it is quite a trip...I don't feel at home unless I know where the nearest Starbucks is, and the ubiquitous Starbucks on the corner comforts me, it's almost like coming home. The perfect example of corporate America kicking out the mom and pop locally run stores? Yes. But oh, what a way to go.

I guess the best way to describe the effect Starbucks has is to post this article. Because truly does Starbucks have longevity. The Krispy Kremes of this world are on the brink of extinction because they expanded too far too fast, and the classics such as the Fannie Mays can't keep up with the competition. But for some reason, Starbucks knows exactly how to keep us coming in and walking out with a white canister of that pick-me-up. Check out this article from MSN. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P107679.asp?GT1=6110

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home