Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Express Pant Getting To Know You with a $15 Reward...SIGN ME UP!

Been really busy lately with things...but this was too good of a deal not to write about.

So the Express Semi-Annual Sale is over and done with, speaking of which, I wonder how the Limited sale is because I really wanted that capelet thing...I guess I have to go by there one day and see if the sale is still going on. Anyway. So they have rolled out all their new 2005 pant editions. And in order to raise revenue, draw interest, whatever, there is one of the best promotional deals out now until February 21st.

For women: try on a pair of Editor pants or the new Correspondent pant. For guys: try on the Producer pant. Once you do, you can get a $15 gift certificate to buy something right then or to keep until the 21st when it expires. Simple. Try on a pair of pants, get $15 for a purchase. Sweet. And if you do go, I've noticed that the guys are a lot nicer about the deal than the salesgirls. I'm not sure what the reason is, but the salesgirls basically ignore you, but the guy will tell you right off the bat about the promotion. Props to them.

I don't know the deal with the Express marketing department, but they used to have those $15 off a $19.50 purchase coupons or something like $25 off a $50 purchase coupons that they would send you in the mail. A one time use. Excellent marketing ploy: get people in, make them look around, and chances are, they would buy something...and buy more than they expected.
For some reason, they cut that and turned to Semi-Annual Sales. Now they're turning to these one-time promotions. Some of them are great in that they send you a card, tell you to come in, make a purchase, and they'll give you something for free or at a discount. But there are the others that tell you to come in, try something on, and they'll give you something. Not exactly the most reasonable rationale to encourage revenues, but I supposedly don't know anything since I am not in marketing.


What I do know is this is an excellent promotion for the customer. Who would pass up $15?? Who cares about the pants; they'll go on sale later this season, and I'll buy them then. In the meantime, I'll stock up on the basic classics. Here are just two that I bought today.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home