Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Architecture Detail

I'll let you all in on a little secret. Aside from being a psycho clothes-horse shopaholic, I am also a closet architecture and history whore. You got it. Not only can I tell you where to find the best deals in the Chicagoland area and beyond, I can also walk you down Michigan Avenue and detail to you each building, its history, and its notable architecture.

What can I say? Apparently I have diverse talents.

The Burj Al Arab luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates stands 1,053 feet tall on a man-made island in the Arab Gulf. Its architect was Thomas Wills Wright. He designed this building to look like a sail. Its most recent claim to fame is the converted helipad-to-tennis court that Andre Agassi took a spin on just recently.

I wonder if the hotel has its own shops. It must.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a hotel that looks like a boat? HAAH!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home