Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Movies 'N Things

I let myself be convinced that Meet the Fockers was the must-see movie of the year...that I had to brave the cold and sit in a theatre at 12:01 AM this morning to see this movie. You know, I've never been a big fan of Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, you know, the group of guys whose antics are supposedly really funny, but I just find it to be in the throes of stupidity?

Well, so I went because I grudgingly admit that I really did like Meet the Parents. I know, gasp, a funny movie I actually watched! (I think I was ALSO bullied into it.) Nevertheless, for two hours, I chortled my way thru Meet the Fockers. It was excellent, a GREAT sequel, and yeah, it was hilarious!! haha. Go see it.

The other movies I have watched recently, hm... Well, I saw Ocean's Twelve. Uh...totally not worth it. There are funny moments, and Bruce Willis's cameo...OH, THE BEST!...but as a whole, a letdown from all the hoopla around it. Bruce is hilarious tho. Anyway, I also recently saw Closer also, and I'm not too sure what to think about it. I'm still thinking about it. It's one of those movies that you have to take a second look at. Critics hyped up Julia Robert's role in it, and yeah, she did a good job, but I think Natalie Portman was by far the more outstanding actress. And for those of you that know me, you know I'm being totally serious because I adore Julia Roberts and I'm just like, enh on Natalie, but seriously, she was good.

So out of the three movies, go see Meet the Fockers. No kidding. But if you want something more serious, go see Closer.

BananaRepublic.com is having a 40% off sale if you use your BR card. Regardless it's a good sale; I'm in the middle of seeing what I want. Also, I heard that Gap is slashing prices in-stores. Might be a good time to check stuff out. I heard Express is slashing prices too, but who knows?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home