Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Say Goodbye to...Field's

Okay, so I haven't really dumped anything from my closet...but I haven't really bought any clothes. However...I recently went on a shoe shopping spree. Marshall Field's, which will be changing over to Macy's later this summer, usually holds a clearance sale about this time. It is different than Field Days because their clearance sale is usually about getting rid of this season's merchandise whereas Field Days is merely discounting this season's merchandise.

Usually they have great formal dresses on sale...two years ago I bought a black and pink formal dress originally selling for $260 for $19.97. Actually I bought two, but I returned one out of guilt. But what they also have, which is a cannot-miss, is this incredible shoe sale. I hit three Marshall Field's this past weekend and netted nine new pairs of shoes. With coupons for 20% off every item, it was truly a good shopping deal. I ended up spending less then a total of $200, especially since full prices would have totaled past $600. I ended up getting three pairs of Indeed shoes, two pairs of Nine West shoes, a pair of BCBGirls shoes, two pairs of Bandolinos, and a pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes. There are 7 pairs of black shoes, one brown, and one blue. Hm...I think I'm set for life. Or, just for next season. I really hope that once they change over to Macy's, Macy's will be smart enough to follow the same sale pattern as Field's does.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home